Hurricane Sock Party 2007 Questionaire
1. Repeat after me "no hurricanes, no hurricanes, no hurricanes" . Okay we just had to get that one out of the way first. We needed to created a bit of "good weather karma"! GRIN
2. If your pet(s) wrote a paragraph about you to describe you to us what would they say? (If you have no pets then just pretend you husband or best friend wrote it! This is a 3rd person writing exercise that is always fun.)
My mommy spoils me pretty badly. She buys me toys and snacks all of the time and takes me for walks outside. She lets me and the boy play alot and I really like him. My only complaint is that my mommy knits for herself and the boy alot and I never get anything. Nothing at all. I think I might start chewing up yarn when I get a chance. That will get her attention.
3. What is your favorite hurricane supplies snack? Pringles. I love Pringles. Chocolate is good, but it melts....
4. Do sock patterns normally fit you "as written" or do you usually modify them for size in any way? (other than foot length) An 8 1/2 fits fine when knitted somewhere between the narrow and medium width.
4a. What are your foot measurements, not just shoe size? (Measure the length of your foot from heel to toe, then the ball of your foot. ) Dang...I don't have a tape measure here...I'll have to add this back in later.
5. What one city abroad would you visit and why if money was no object? (and terrorism was non-existant) Venice would be nice. And maybe London.
6. Do you wear socks all year round or just during the winter? Do you prefer them tall or short or regular height? I wear them mostly in the winter, but do wear them occasionally in the summeer. I'm not a short sock person or an overlly tall sock person either. So, just regular is awesome!
7. The last time the power was out during hurricane season (or bad weather of any kind) did you knit by lantern or were you lucky enough to knit to the humm of a generator? Or did you knit at all? I wasn't a knitter yet the last time we lost power due to a hurricane.
8. Make a wish for your favorite sock yarn that you've already used once. What would it be? ? Dont be shy about listing an exact colorway or two if you'd like. I love Socks that Rock and Lisa Souza
9. What is it about sock knitting that keeps you wanting to knit more and more socks? They are quick and fun. You can also try out things that are a little "out there" and it doesn't stick out as badly as if you had done it with a sweater or shawl.
10. Make a wish for a sock yarn that you are dying to try but haven't bought for yourself yet. (be specific,even colorway if you'd like) I have drooled over Vesper yarn. I love the Strange Little Mama colorway and the one that looks like Watermelons or something.
11. What size needles do you knit socks for YOURSELF with the most? Are they circular or bamboo needles? What brand? Knitpicks Size 2 circulars
12. If you could only take 3 yarn related books and one previously knitted project that you love with you when you evacuated what would they be? Sensational Knitted Socks, More Sensational Knitted Socks, Friday Night Knitting Club (I could read that again anytime) and a top down raglan sweater
13. What knitting notion do you wish you had that you just keep putting off getting for yourself? Nothing really. I love tape measures though!
14. What is your favorite tv show? Grey's Anatomy, October Road, Ugly Betty, but I guess my most favorite is Jericho.
15. Do you want a lacey sock or a "solid fabric" sock from your hurricane partner? Either one is fine.
16. It's midnight and the power has been off for two days, its hot, and you have a craving for something sweet! What would it be? (This is a FOOD related question ladies! LOL) Eskamoe's Custard!! or Reeses Cups straight out of the fridge
17. Tell us a story about any of your hurricane weather related experiences. Although Katrina hit south of us, our town received a TON of evacuees, so I was pretty involved with that process. I also took donations from some super generous bloggers who shipped diapers, formula, etc to my home for our local shelter. My brother was called up to go to New Orleans a day after Katrina and help out and was inadvertently left in downtown New Orleans and not picked up. He was shot at and walked for miles before someone with his group drove by and recognized them and picked them up. He was reported to us as missing for a few hours until we got word that he was okay.
Rita gave us some wind damage and power outages.
18. What was the one thing you wish you had remembered to get last year for hurricane supplies that you swore you wouldn't forget this year? A book to read
19. What color sock would you like to recieve from your sock partner? (if you don't have a pref just say so otherwise give us a hint!) Honestly, I'm good with anything!!
I really think that my Bloglines is not updating correctly. So, if you've posted to your blog lately and I haven't commented, don't take it personally, I probably had no idea.