(a) we will look even HOTTER at Thanksgiving with all the family we haven't saw in a while
(b) all of the compliments we will get will motivate us on through the end of the year
(c) everyone taking notice of our hard work will surely help us fight those Thanksgiving binges!
So, here are the details:
- The Challenge will begin the day after my 5K, October 18, 2009.
- Because I understand that life, laziness, and other things get in the way, each "step" of the Shred will be done in 11 days instead of 10. YOU pick your off day.
- Take before and after pics so that I can link to you at the end and we can see each other's progress and get really inspired.
- Take measurements before the Challenge for the same reason listed above
- If you decide to do this, let me know so I can link you up!
- Set a goal and/or a reward and put it down in writing before the challenge begins. I personally want to lose 3 inches during the Challenge. For every inch I lose, I will buy myself one piece of new clothing. For every day that I work out during the Challenge (should be 30 or possibly more) I am going to donate $1 to my St. Jude's run. So, that will give me added incentive to do this thing. :)
- I am trying to make a cute calendar for this challenge so that we will all know what day Workouts 1, 2, and 3 begin and what day you should post your results. However, I am challenged and it just isn't going well quite honestly. I might just have to post those dates and you guys can enter those in your planner (I love my freaking planner!)
- I really suck at updating blogger stuff, so if someone wants to volunteer to tell me how in the world to update my sidebar to list all the challenge participants, I would love you forever. I am so bad at this that at this moment I have a super cute button in my e-mail inbox that I can't figure out how in the world to put on my blog. That's pitiful isn't it.
In other news, click this link to read about an interview with someone who is going to be on Secret Lives of Women (I think that's what it's called) tonight on WE TV about weight loss. Sounds awesome!
I hope you all have a great day! I am off to bake chocolate chip cookies for my St. Jude's fundraising efforts. On that note, THANK YOU!!! to my dear friend Karen and if I haven't already mentioned it, to my WW friend Connie, for making a donation. So far 2 people are in the running for my giveaway. I will be giving a prize to a randomly selected person who donates to my run. If you are a knitting friend of mine (Karen!) I will give you some Socks that Rock. If you are a weight loss blogger friend of mine, you will be getting (I just recently decided on this one), some VitaTops and VitaBrownies (a sampler) sent to your home. WOO HOO!! And I guess, if you refer people to my fundraising efforts via your blog in addition to a donation I will give you a second entry (but you have to tell me you did it...I don't want to miss anyone!). My fundraising page is here. Don't forget....every dollar counts!!