Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup (18 servings, 3 points each)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup onion
4 cups fat free chicken broth
1 cup masa harina (I think that's just Mexican flour)
1 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 lb skinless chicken breast, cooked
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup canned enchilada sauce
16 oz Light Velveeta cubed
1 tsp chili powder
Add oil to a large pot over med heat. Add chicken to pot and brown for 4-5 min per side. Set chicken aside. Add onions and garlic to pot and saute over med heat for about 2 minutes with Pam, or until onions become translucent. Add chicken broth. Combine masa harina with 2 cups of water in a medium bowl and wisk until blended. Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic, and broth. Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese, and spices to pot and bring to a boil. Shred the chicken into bite size pieces and add to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
Let me know what you think!!!
Now, on to the 2010 GOALS!!!!
As I said before, I divided these into three categories, physical, mental, and professional and then also listed the things I am looking forward to in 2010.
- Do core and strength work. (Currently I do NONE)
- Complete the 10 mile trail run in March
Time goal: under 2:20 however, if I could come in under 2:00 I would be estatic
- Complete 1/2 marathon in November
Time goal: under 2:30 however, under 2:15 would be fantastic
- Maintain Weight Watchers goal weight
- Continue trying new foods and helping my kids make healthy choices
- 500 + miles in 2010
- Get some local runners together for a group run
- Read 12 books and review on the blog
- Put my whole weight loss journey into words
- Learn HTML and do some work to my blog
- Take time for reflection on these goals and life in general on a more regular basis
- *hopefully* see the project I have started with a local gas company to partner with my company through. If so, HUGE cost and environmental impact for the better for both companies
- Get my job caught up compliance-wise
- Re-election to school board in the fall
Things I am excited about:
- Watching my kids get older and all the things they will be learning
- Top Secret project reveal on January 22nd!!
- Becoming School Board Vice President and President in December 2010*
- Running 500+ miles
- New running buddies
- The progress of our Weight Watchers at Work group
- The Upward basketball team I'm coaching
- Turning 30 (who would have thought that 1 year ago?)
*The President thing is kind of cool because while doing some family history research, my father found out that my great-great grandfather was the very first president of the very school board that I will be president of. That is some kind of COOL. Not to mention, another great-grandfather was also SB president. I doubt back then they EVER thought their granddaughter would one day do the same thing!
I am looking foward to reading all of your goals. If one of them is 500+ miles, let me know and I'll put you on our list!!