Gift ideas for a runner:
- Anything from Gone for a Run. I am especially in love with this Race Bib Keeper thing. (I just wish it came in another color)**Edited to add: I just found out that they will have new colors and styles sometime next week...yippee I also became their first Facebook fan earlier! Want to become a fan? Click here. ***
- New running shoes Don't know what they want? A gift certificate to their favorite store is a great idea. (if anyone is reading this for me...how about these Brooks Adrenaline GTS 10s in a Size 9, please)
- It's getting hot out there, so a Handheld Water Bottle like this one or a Fuel Belt like this or like this one are great ideas.
- ifitness belts are an AWESOME gift as well. They don't ride up and keep your blackberry, ipod, ID, cash, Gu, SportBeans, WHATEVER handy. I have this one.
- Road ID What better way to show mom that you love her than to purchase her a Road ID? You can buy a gift card for the amount of a product plus shipping and let her have a blast doing her own customizations or you could buy it and have her info put on it and leave her a special message at the bottom that she sees every time she puts it on.
- Bondi Bands - With all of the cute sayings and patterns, you could find one that suits the mom in your life. They are comfy and too cute! I think I have like 8 or so of these and would love more!
- For the reader/runner in your life, this book is great. I'm almost finished and I've loved reading this book. It's broken up in to great chapters and I love the .2s at the end of each chapter.
Gifts for people trying to eat healthier:
- This Cuisinart Griddler is a George Foreman on crack. I love it. The plates are removable and it has griddle and grill plates for upper and lower. It will lay flat or press. We have used the flat plates for french toast in the press, hamburgers or Boca Burgers with the press and grill plates, and the griddle does great eggs and pancakes.
- What mother wouldn't want some Sugar Free (0 Points!) cocktail mixes. Baja Bob has a plethora of drink mixes that taste pretty darn good!
- Vita Tops and Vita Brownies are a great gift idea. It's like a box of chocolates that you don't have to hate yourself for enjoying. I'm a fan of all of the chocolate varieties. Amazon has been the best deal I've found thus far because if you get the Free Super Saver shipping (which is 2 day shipping!) you save yourself a bundle. Shipping at other sites because of the 2-day thing can run you around $15 - $20!
- Hungry Girl's new cookbook looks really good. I flipped through my friend Jennifer's and I will definitely be buying this one!
Gift ideas for ANY mother:
- Cheryl and Co. cookies or brownies. Seriously, Cheryl, how do I love thee? My friend Tracey turned me on to these and while pricey, these things are seriously GOOD. They are individually wrapped and soft and tasty. I love the chocolate chip and the buttercreme frosted sugar ones. Today only (Thursday) the site has 30% off Mother's Day Buttercreme Hearts.
- Proflowers has some really good deals on flowers and if you go on there and search for Kidd Kraddick, you will get KK listener deals which include 100 blooms for $20. My friend Nita received some roses from Proflowers and some chocolate covered strawberries and I was really impressed with the quality of both.
- Personalized stationary is always fun. I'm a HUGE fan of Vista Print and you could make cute note pads, sticky notes, note cards, etc. Pick your design and put whatever you want on them (From the desk of the World's Greatest Mom is cute!). I have a coupon thing for 25% off anything in the site if you click here.
- Wal * Mart has a couple of great deals on electronics right now. If you get a DSi or a DSlite bundle pkg you get a $30 gift card. Click here. They also have a couple of Sony Reader Digital Books that I think would make any mom who reads super happy. Look at this one and this one.
- I love my Flip that I got a couple of years ago for my anniversary and I think that would be a really good mom gift especially since they will fit right in your purse!
- Shutterfly makes really cute photo books that any mom or grandmother would love!
Mom gifts on a budget:
- Homemade stepstones for the garden are always a hit. You can find directions online and the kids can put their handprints in them and use those pretty stones that go in the bottom of flower arrangements to make cute designs.
- Painted flower pots with a pretty flower
- Make coupons! Moms would love coupons to redeem for the supper of her choice, kitchen clean up, foot rubs, 30 minute uninterrupted bubble baths, a day of doing whatever she wants, etc. For those of us with older and more technologically challenged parents, a coupon for computer tutorials, help with digital cameras and printing digital photos, or e-mail help would be a blessing for some of them. Make the grandkids show them and they might enjoy it even more.
Hope this list helps some of you. Feel free to pass the link along. ***Disclaimer*** I did not receive ANY compensation or anything like that for mentioning certain companies. These were things I thought of on my own with no solicitation. :)