- write down serial numbers of your cell phone, GPS, your kid's electronics, etc and keep them somewhere where you can access them. Maybe you could find a website so that you can do that from anywhere? (Also, keep receipts if you have them on these things....very handy)
- have your auto and homeowner's insurance customer service numbers handy in case of an emergency FYI-homeowner's covers contents if a vehicle is stolen b/c your car is an extension of your dwelling
- Don't be afraid to ask a hotel if they have parking lot security cameras when booking your stay
- Periodically check your vehicle to insure that no bank reciepts, checkbooks, or any identifying information are kept in there.
- Take your GPS out of your vehicle when staying on vacation. Take it into the hotel room with you
- If your cell phone is stolen, turn off the service immediately unless it has GPS tracker. Apparently iphones have this. Know if you have it before something happens so that you can get tracking immediately.
- make a record of all credit card numbers and their customer service numbers, your bank account numbers and a contact number, etc in the event your purse/wallet is stolen so that you can easily take care of this. Again, maybe they can be stored online somewhere?
Now for some pictures....